Opportunities at various academic stages:
- Freshman Year - "Self-Discover"
- Sophomore Year - "Expand Your Career Horizons"
- Junior Year - "Test Options"
- Senior Year - "A Time to Make Decisions"
- Transfer students
- Veteran students
- Students with disabilities
- AB540 students
- International students
- Cultural and Identity-based groups
Opportunities to develop specific job search skills:
- Career planning
- Develop a resume and cover letter and attend a resume writing workshop
- Talk with ICC Staff about narrowing career interests
- Explore job search strategies
- Pathways To Science
- Internship opportunities
- Workshops, company info sessions, career fairs
- Informational interview or job shadow experience
Opportunities for conducting undergraduate research:
- Attend the annual Undergraduate Research Conference
- UC Davis Equity in STEM and Entrepreneurship Mentor Matching Program - Graduate Student Organization that matches undergraduates with graduate student mentors based on their interests
- Ecology and Population Biology Student Diversity Committee - lists students on the committee who are happy to answer questions
- The McNair Scholars Program at UC Davis
- Mentorship for Underrepresented STEM Enthusiasts - connects underrepresented students to STEM professionals, particularly those who also share underrepresented identities. STEM professionals can provide support, advice, and encouragement.
- MURALS - 1-year program helping students find a research mentor and conduct a project
- Científico Latino - Graduate School Mentorship Initiative and webinars
- EEB Mentor Match - designed to help students in minoritized groups gain admission to, and fellowships for, graduate school
- Educational Enrichment and Outreach Programs (EEOP) programs: